Both graduates and students from Cphbusiness participated in Cphbusiness Alumni’s Career Conference, which focused on providing participants with useful tools for their job or internship search.
This year’s programme consisted of two workshops: a LinkedIn workshop facilitated by Mads Svaneklink from Analog and a CV and cover letter workshop facilitated by Anette Munch Pierce from CA a-kasse.
At the conference, participants could also book an individual 20-minute career counselling session or CV check, have a professional portrait photo taken and meet companies, unions, job portals and recruitment companies.
Participants had the opportunity to meet a number of companies looking to recruit candidates for vacancies or trainee programs:
- UNIQLO, a global apparel company looking for candidates for their graduate programme.
- 3.dk, Denmark’s fourth largest telecommunication company looked for potential new employees among Cphbusiness’ graduates.
- Visma, the North’s leading provider of financial systems, retail and development of major IT solutions participated because they have great experience with graduates from Cphbusiness.
In addition, the following companies, which offer services that help with the job search process and networking, also participated:
- Graduateland, which facilitates Cphbusiness’ job portal Cphbusiness Career, attended and helped the participants find relevant job postings.
- Jobindex, Denmark’s largest job portal for both job seekers and companies.
- Novorésumé offers free CV templates.
- Intojob provides career counselling that helps you live out your visions through your career.
- PLAYapply, a video job portal that uses video to create a personal relationship between company and candidate.
- Statum, a digital recruitment agency that specialises in scale-ups and the needs that come with such growth.
- DYHP, a non-profit organisation that strives to create a community for young, ambitious hospitality professionals.
The following unions and unemployment funds participated with both CV-checking and career counselling:
- HK, a modern trade union in a modern time.
- Teknisk Landsforbund, a union for technology, design and construction.
- Business Danmark, a union for sales and marketing.
- CA a-kasse, career development and unemployment fund for business professionals.
- FTFa, one of Denmarks largest unemployment funds.
HK sponsored the workshop "Linkedin Workshop" and CA a-kasse sponsored the workshop "CV and Cover letter".
Participants could also meet Cphbusiness’ study and career guidance to talk about the possibilities of further study at Cphbusiness and meet the team behind Cphbusiness Alumni.
The participants’ experience
The participants have subsequently evaluated the conference, and as many as 96% have stated the overall satisfaction as "Completely satisfied" (27%), "Very satisfied" (42%) or "Satisfied" (27%).
One participant, Linda Duffield, who is finishing the last semester in the Marketing Management programme says:
- It was a good experience to attend Cphbusiness Alumni’s conference, in my opinion, because they focus more on the participants, whereas many of the other career conferences seem to focus more on business partners.
See the pictures from the event on Facebook.