When you have confirmed your study place on your programme, Cphbusiness Study and Career Guidance can assist you in your accommodation search in various ways:
- International students looking for accommodation can contact us with specific questions at email@example.com.
- International students can like the Facebook page Cphbusiness International Students and join the Facebook group Cphbusiness International Accommodation and Practical Help. In the group and on the page you gain tips and tricks on how to find a place to stay and start af life in Copenhagen.
- During July and August, Cphbusiness have special opening hours dedicated to face-to-face accommodation assistance. During the opening hours mentioned below, new students are welcome to bring their PC’s to Cphbusiness Søerne. Cphbusiness staff will be ready to answer accommodation related questions, help with translations, location of possible rooms/apartments, guidance with applications for dorms etc.
Opening hours July and August 2018: To be announced.
Accommodation assistance will take place at the address:
Cphbusiness Campus Søerne
1366 Copenhagen K
Important advice for your accommodation search:
- Cphbusiness advise you to budget with a rent from € 400-850 per month depending on location and standard. A deposit is required by most landlords before moving in and is often one month’s rent for a room and three months’ rent for a flat. The deposit is refundable, given that you leave the room/apartment in the same state as you received it.
- You should never send money via Western Union or other private money transfer institutions but only use authorised banks and ask the landlord to send identification details – e.g. a copy of a passport.
- Watch out for landlords/owners who are out of the country, travelling or cannot meet you personally - it is usually scam.
- Do NOT pay cash.
- Do NOT send money via Western Union or similar.
- If possible, check out the room or apartment in person. If you cannot go yourself, ask a fellow student for help in the Facebook group Cphbusiness International Accommodation and Practical Help. You must as a minimum get someone to check that the apartment actually exists.
- You should always sign a contract with your landlord. Study the contract carefully and be sure to check deadlines for how to give notice.
- We strongly recommend you to take photos of the condition of the room you move into in order to prove the condition of the room when moving out.