Requirements and assesment
Graduates from the AP Degree in Service, Hospitality and Tourism Management and the AP Degree in Marketing Management satisfy the admission requirements for the BA in International Hospitality Management. Graduates from similar programmes with similar ECTS in economics, methodology, organization and management, culture, and strategy may also apply.
When assessing applications the following factors are considered:
- Average grade from qualifying exam
- Grade(s) in service economics/business economics or similar subject from qualifying exam
- Motivated application letter
- Relevant work experience, including military service (max. 12 months)
- Relevant supplementary education and/or courses
- Other experience, e.g. folk high school, extended stays abroad, voluntary work (min. 3 months)
- Grade(s) in English on level B or similar (applicants who have not graduated from a Danish business academy only)
In addition, all applicants for the BA in International Hospitality Management must participate in a compulsory selection interview that is held in June. Your performance at the selection interview will be part of our assessment of your application for admission.
You will receive a letter in your e-boks (if you have a Danish cpr-number) or by e-mail (if you do not have a Danish cpr-number) with information about how to register for your selection interview that takes a whole morning. Your application for admission will automatically be cancelled if you do not register for a selection interview or if you do not attend the interview.
You should be aware that we may not have assessed your application for admission when the selection interview is held. If you apply on basis of another programme than the AP Degree in Service, Hospitality and Tourism Management or the AP Degree in Marketing Management, and if we assess that the programme you have completed is not comparable to any of these, your application may therefore not be rejected until after you have participated in the selection interview.
The selection interviews are held at Cphbusiness Nørrebro from Monday, 18 June to Thursday, 21 June 2018.
If there are more applicants than places available, the best qualified applicants will be admitted.
English requirements - Top-up Bachelor's degrees
All candidates must submit results of an English test, with the required minimum score and under the scope of the Common European Framework for Languages (CEFR) B2 Level
- TOEFL Internet Based Test (iBT): Minimum score accepted: 83
- IELTS Academic Test: Minimum score accepted: 6.5
- Cambridge English Advanced (CAE): Minimum score accepted: Grade C
- Cambridge English Proficiency (CEP): Minimum score accepted: Grade C1
- Cambridge First Certificate (FCE): Minimum score accepted: Grade A
- Danish students: Minimum score accepted: English Level B
Exemption from submitting an English test
Applicants holding an English taught qualifying exam (upper secondary school) or bachelor degree from UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa. Please note that applicants with a qualifying examination from all other countries (including African and Asian countries, where the language of instruction is English) must submit a test.
Applicants holding a Nordic, International Baccalaureate (from the IB diploma programme) and European Baccalaureate (from Schola Europaea) qualifying exam are also excempt.
All applications must be submitted online. Download your application.
Find out what the deadline is for submitting your application form. Learn more about our application deadline.