The road to success has not been without bumps, but according to Pernille, hard work and the courage to go after ones goals are some of the ingredients that have brought her to where she is today. Read the story about the path to her dream job.
Marketing management - a perfect match
According to Pernille the choice to study marketing management was no coincidence. In many ways the study programme was a perfect match.
- I thought marketing management suited me well, because it is a relatively short study programme with a lot of possibilities, so it gave me many opportunities after graduation. Two years was perfect for me - short enough to keep my motivation throughout the study, Pernille says.
The road to the dream job
The first steps towards the dream job were taken already during the study programme in connection with a case assignment, where Pernille came in contact with Louise Ertman Baunsgaard, the owner of the restaurant chain LETZ SUSHI, where she got a student job as a marketing assistant. A job, which according to Pernille, has helped her to find her strengths and weaknesses.
- When I was at Cphbusiness, it was important for me to find out what I was good at and not be afraid to specialise. And my student job at LETZ SUSHI has taught me a lot about what I'm good at and what I can use my education for, Pernille says.
A busy working day
As a PR and Marketing Manager, Pernille has a busy life and is slowly settling into her job, where there are always new challenges.
- No two days are the same in this job. It really appeals to me and keeps my motivation high, even during times of turbulence, Pernille says.
If she had to pass on some good advice to someone, who wants to follow in her footsteps, she has no doubt about what it should be:
- I would say that nothing comes to those who wait. As a student, you cannot just wait for a job to fall into your lap.
According to Pernille, it’s all about following your interests.
- I have always followed my own interests and have never been afraid to specialise and it has always worked well for me.
Positive energy is important
Markedsfringskonom-Letz-Sushi-1The owner of LETZ SUSHI, Louise Ertman Baunsgaard, agrees that it is important for students and recent graduates to gain some practical experience. She believes that with the right combination of theory and practical experience 2 years of education is enough to prepare one for the business life.
- I think that experience is very important, and when I hire people, I look a great deal at what people have done and try to get references on it. The personal chemistry and charisma is also incredibly important, Louise says.
And Louise recognized those qualities in Pernille:
- Pernille has a lot of drive and wants to succeed. She knows all too well that it takes hard work to succeed.
Louise is also happy to pass on some good advice to students:
- Find out what you're good at and what interests you. It's usually the interest that drives the work.
LETZ SUSHI opened the doors to the first restaurant in 2003 and currently has 11 restaurants with more than 150 employees.