Timea Karolina Kiss was clearly thrilled, when she received the award for Cphbusiness Internship of the Year 2015/2016. As about 100 other students, she had nominated her internship company for the award which is given for the second year in a row to an internship company who has provided an extraordinarily good internship stay. And the jury had no doubt that the IT company Praqma had given Timea Karolina Kiss, a student of the bachelor’s degree programme in software development, an internship that was above the norm.
- Praqma deserves the award because they have been willing to take a risk and had such faith in Timea that they dared to remove the safety net under her - and with great success. During her internship, she was allowed to independently work on projects that became real products for the customers. Praqma has also taken the internship seriously is a learning process and has taught Timea more than eight new coding languages, explains Nikolaj Lubanski, Director of Talent Attraction at Copenhagen Capacity and member of the jury.
Interns are important to the company
Praqma has taken interns since the company was established in 2007, and interns are viewed as a great resource. Praqma is therefore excited to have received the award of Cphbusiness Internship of the Year 2015/2016.
- We are very happy to receive the award, and it means more to us than one might think. We have been cooperating on internships with different schools for many years, and having interns has become a very important part of our business and our recruitment process. It means a lot to us to see that the interns are as happy about it as we are, says Lars Kruse, Partner and Co-founder of Praqma.
Photo: Jury members and finalists for Cphbusiness Internship of the Year 2015/2016.
Focus on the great internship stay
Cphbusiness has established the internship award in order to show examples of the good internship and to bring the importance of internships as part of an education into focus.
For the first time ever, the winner from Cphbusiness will go through to a final round among the winners of all the country’s business academies.
- The internship is an increasingly important part of the students’ education. In many cases, the internship is the ticket to their first job. This is the reason why we want to reward and shine a light on companies who do an extraordinarily good job. We hope to motivate them to continue their effort and inspire other companies to follow suit. This year, our winner will go on through to the national final and compete amongst winners from the other eight business academies in Denmark, says Ole Gram-Olesen, President of Cphbusiness.
The national winner of Business Academy Internship of the Year 2015/2016 will be found at an event on 7 June at Radisson Blu H.C. Andersen Hotel Odense.
Video: The winner is announced
About Cphbusiness Internship of the Year:
For the second year in a row, the prize is awarded by Cphbusiness to bring the importance of a good internship into focus.
On 11 May, the jury determined which of the five nominees was going to win the award.
The other nominees for this years award was:
- F.C. Copenhagen
- PwC in Holbæk
- Österreich Werbung
The jury consisted of:
- Nikolaj Lubanski, director, talent department, Copenhagen Capacity
- Jørgen Andersen, Head of Network, NOCA – Network of Corporate Academies
- Stine Lund Johansen, Head of Communication, Cphbusiness Students
- Ole Gram-Olesen, President of Cphbusiness
Last year, the biotechnology company BioPorto Diagnostics won the award.
About Business Academy Internship of the Year:
The winner goes through to a final round among the winners of all the country’s business academies, where the winner from each business academy competes for the title as Business Academy Internship of the Year.
The national winner will be found at an event on 7 June at Radisson Blu H.C. Andersen Hotel Odense.
This article originally appeared in Danish.