- Obviously, we are very proud and very happy, says Piet Hoffmann Tæstensen, CEO at Aasted ApS that won Cphbusiness Internship of the Year 2016/2017 in a competition that includes 87 nominated internships.
Lasse Fonnesbek Drustrup, former intern and current employee at Aasted, nominated the company for the award. He is thrilled about winning Cphbusiness Internship of the Year and is happy to be able to highlight his place of internship.
- It is fantastic, and it is cool to have influence on enhancing a company that most people perhaps do not know, says Lasse Fonnesbek Drustrup who recently graduated from the Top-up Bachelor's degree in International Sales and Marketing at Cphbusiness.
Both Aasted and Lasse Fonnesbek Drustrup were the reason that Aasted was chosen as the best internship, tells Nikolaj Lubanski who is Director of Talent Attraction at Copenhagen Capacity and a part of the jury that selected the winner.
- It is the unique match. A brave company and a person in Lasse who grabs the opportunity and lives it out, says Nikolaj Lubanski.
Aasted ApS was surprised with diploma, statuette and cake when the company won the prize Cphbusiness Internship of the Year 2016/2017.
An amazing journey from day one
- It has been an amazing journey from day one of my internship. To make it all the way to the final with four super qualified candidates - and then win it. It is great, says Lasse Fonnesbek Drustrup.
- It was a hard choice. They are all very impressive.Nikolaj Lubanski, member of the jury
Like 86 other students, he nominated his internship for Cphbusiness Internship of the Year. Aasted won in front of the four other finalists Azets, Debitoor, Nordea Lyngby and The Roger Smith Hotel in New York.
- Aasted has been very brave and has given Lasse the opportunity to test himself in tasks that are way beyond what you expect from a regular internship. To give him the opportunity to present marketing plans and strategies to the executives and the international sales team is a strong move by the company. Lasse grabbed the opportunity he was given and has grown because of that, says Nikolaj Lubanski.
An intern ready to seize new opportunities is a description that Aasted recognizes.
- It's fairly quick and easy to spot if a person is willing and able. And in this case we sensed eagerness, an appetite and abilities from day one. So we basically poured on. Poured on a lot, actually. And from that point, Lasse took it up and above by performing better than we had expected, says Piet Hoffmann Tæstensen.
A difficult decision
Even though the internship at Aasted stood out, the internships at Azets, Debitoor, Nordea Lyngby and The Roger Smith Hotel also contributed immensely to the personal and professional development of their interns. Therefore, it took quite a while to decide on the final winner, explains Nikolaj Lubanski on behalf of the jury.
- It was a difficult decision. They were all very impressive. The thing that characterised the winner could be found in all five internships: If the intern got the tasks done quickly or proved to be more skilled than expected, the companies adjusted the tasks and provided new challenges for the intern to develop with them. On top of that, the companies all provided the interns with opportunities to utilise what they have learned during their studies, says Nikolaj Lubanski.
This year's five finalists and the jury.
Cphbusiness Internship of the Year 2016/2017
The award is awarded for the third year in a row by Cphbusiness. The purpose is to shine a light on the importance of great internship stays during higher education study programmes.
The five nominated companies for Cphbusiness Internship of the Year were:
- Aasted ApS
- Nordea Lyngby
- The Roger Smith Hotel
The jury consisted of:
- Nikolaj Lubanski, Director of Talent Attraction, Copenhagen Capacity
- Jørgen Andersen, Head of Network, NOCA – Network of Corporate Academies
- Ole Gram-Olesen, President, Cphbusiness
- Frank A. Mathiasen, Head of Innovation and Development, Cphbusiness
Last year, the IT company Praqma won Cphbusiness Internship of the year: Praqma won Internship of the Year
Aasted in the final of Business Internship of the Year
As the winner of Cphbusiness Internship of the Year, Aasted goes through to the national final on 16 May, where the winners from all the business academies in Denmark battle for the title Business Internship of the Year 2016/2017 in the Royal Danish Opera in Copenhagen.
The winner is selected by a jury consisting of:
- Søren Pind, Minister for Higher Education and Science
- Christine Antorini, Chairwoman, The Danish Parliament's Education and Research Committee
- Stina Vrang Elias, CEO, The Think Tank DEA
- Kim Simonsen, President, HK
- Anne-Mette Stender, Head of HR, Home
If you want to know more about Cphbusiness Internship of the Year - or Business Internship of the Year - please contact:
Martin Ove Christensen
Telephone +45 36 15 46 75
Telephone +45 36 15 49 79