- It is one of my best decisions ever to study in Denmark. There is a great international environment at Cphbusiness, says 22-year-old Jaeeun Kim from Korea.
In the autumn semester 2016, she changed Sookmyung Women's University in Seoul, Korea for Cphbusiness and Lyngby, Denmark where she lived until the beginning of 2017.
- I have become much better in English, and not only have I got friends from Denmark now, but also from for example Portugal, Spain, Germany and Finland. They are the ones I am going to miss the most, says Jaeeun Kim.
Visit from Cphbusiness was decisive
When Jaeeun Kim lived in Korea, she had the opportunity to choose other places than Denmark - countries from Germany to Australia.
She chose Multimedia Design and Communication at Cphbusiness Lyngby, and one of the decisive factors behind her choice was a study group from Cphbusiness that visited Sookmyung Women's University in Seoul. Jaeeun Kim met them, and they stayed in touch.
- I was adventurous and wanted to try something different. In Korea it is very difficult to get information about Denmark. It motivated me, and at the same time I wanted to experience an international environment and sense the differences and diversity, says Jaeeun Kim.
A more open person
Jaeeun Kim is happy that she chose to move to Denmark and feels she gained a lot from the experience.
- I have changed a lot. I have become a more open person, and I have realised that I do not have to have a plan for my life figured out, says Jaeeun Kim and continues:
- I have found out that you can live in very different ways, and that you can learn from our different backgrounds and cultures. I have learned that there exist many different points of view, and that I can be wrong as well. I think this experience will give me a better life.
Wants to have something to do with Denmark
Jaeeun Kim tells that she really likes the Danish culture, Danish people and Danish fashion, and that she wants to engage in something that relates to Denmark. Either in Korea or in Denmark.
- I want to have something to do with Denmark when I get back to Korea. I do not know exactly what, but as I said we do not get much information about Denmark, so hopefully I can use my knowledge about Denmark and my stay in Denmark, she says.
Jaeeun Kim travelled back to Korea in the beginning of February 2017.
- I would really like to come back and work in Denmark when I have more experience as a multimedia designer. I really hope it is going to happen.