- It is a great honor, especially for a small new company with great ambitions, says CEO of RentSafe ApS, Nadim Stub that won Cphbusiness Internship of the Year 2017/2018 - a competition that includes 72 nominated internships.
Emil Buch, former intern and current full-time Partner Growth Manager at RentSafe, nominated the company for the award. He is thrilled to be able to give something back to his place of internship.
- I nominated RentSafe for Cphbusiness Internship of the Year because I think it has been a fantastic internship that developed me both professionally and personally, says Emil Buch.
- I had the feeling of being part of the team - not just an intern. It has been a very unique experience and they gave me a lot of support. It was the whole picture that made me nominate RentSafe.
Both RentSafe and Emil Buch were the reason that RentSafe was chosen as the best internship this year, tells Ole Gram-Olesen, President of Cphbusiness and part of the jury that selected the winner.
- All our study programmes are completed by a mandatory internship and this is where things are tested, where our students must be challenged and test their learned skills in real life. Therefore, it is of utmost importance that the internship takes place in a company capable of challenging our students and maybe also willing to make use of the ideas suggested by the intern, says Ole Gram-Olesen.
We have more than 2,200 young people doing internships every year, 72 companies were nominated, five of these went through to the final. Our jury met these five young people yesterday, and Emil's presentation of his internship made a clear winner, says Ole Gram-Olesen.
A great honor
RentSafe competed against the four remaining finalists Boblberg.dk, Estée Lauder Companies - Smashbox & Glamglow, PFA and Teknik- og Miljøforvaltningen at Københavns Kommune.
Emil Buch, newly graduated at the Top-up Bachelor's degree in Innovation and Entrepreneurship from Cphbusiness Lyngby, had, like 72 other students, nominated his internship for the best of the year.
He was one of the five finalists who presented their internship in front of the jury and at the end, his internship at RentSafe was named Cphbusiness Internship of the Year 2017/2018 - a title that brings joy and surprise at RentSafe.
- Being nominated is one thing, and you get pretty proud of that, but then winning, that really surprised me, says Peter H. Lange, CTO at RentSafe.
- Obviously, you aim for that, but we would never have imagined it happening this early on as a start-up business, so that is just really, really cool, adds Nadim Stub, CEO at RentSafe.
Cphbusiness Internship of the Year 2017/2018
The award is awarded for the fourth year in a row by Cphbusiness. The purpose is to shine a light on the importance of great internships during higher education study programmes.
The five nominated companies for Cphbusiness Internship of the Year 2017/2018 were:
• Estée Lauder Companies – Smashbox & Glamglow
• Teknik- og Miljøforvaltningen in Københavns Kommune
The jury consisted of:
• Nikolaj Lubanski, Director of Talent Attraction, Copenhagen Capacity
• Ole Gram-Olesen, President, Cphbusiness
• Frank A. Mathiasen, Head of Innovation and Development, Cphbusiness
• Anine Kjølbæk Sørensen, Service Hospitality and Tourism Management student and Chairman of Cphbusiness Students
RentSafe is in the final for Business Internship of the Year
As the winner of Cphbusiness Internship of the Year, RentSafe and Emil Buch goes through to the national final on 16 May 2018, where the winners from all the business academies in Denmark compete for the title Business Internship of the Year 2017/2018 at LEGO House in Billund.
The winner is selected by a jury consisting of:
• Christine Antorini, Chairwoman, The Danish Parliament's Education and Research Committee
• Jesper Vilstrup, General Manager, LEGO House
• Lone Engberg Thomsen, Federal President of The Danish Association of Professional Technicians
• Frank Fauerholt, Sales Director of Siemens and Chairman of the Danish Automation Society
• Charlotte Lundblad, Chairman of the Danish Business Academies
If you want to know more about Cphbusiness Internship of the Year - or Business Internship of the Year - please contact:
Responsible for Cphbusiness Internship of the Year and Business Academy Internship of the Year, event and marketing coordinator
Telephone: 36 15 49 79