Welcome to the Sport Management programme
We look forward to welcoming you on Tuesday 30 August at 09:00 a.m. at:
2800 Kgs. Lyngby
When we meet, you will be presented with both the programme for the week and also the schedule for the first semester.
The intro week
The first week will be an action packed introduction week. Your lecturers; Kristy, Poul, Hans, Simon and Jens, look forward to meeting you and your classmates and will guide you through the activities for the week. The overall plan for the first week can be seen below:
- Introduction to Cphbusiness (access to on-line systems, study point system, semester outline, intro of staff, area manager, etc.)
- Expectations from students and lecturers
- Icebreaking activities / Team-building activities
- Introduction to student-led event for 2nd semester / team work
- CV’s, online presence, oral presentation skills
- Cultural buffet / Introduction to different cultures and backgrounds
- Outdoor activity in Lyngby (weather permitting)
- Team-building activities / Competitions
- External group visit Form groups for Project 1
In weeks 2 and 3, you will work on the educations’ first module ’Personal Development’. The overall outline of this module is as follows:
- Intro to Project 1
- Methodology - present your final project from former education
- Introductory Sport Industry Lecture
- Project Leadership
- Cultural Understanding
- Behavioural Profile
- What You Know "Test"
- Introduction to learning objectives and business competences
- Career Plan – link to mentor concept
- Personal Leadership
- Project: Organize a guest lecturer
- Module evaluation
In the first week, there will be ample opportunities to meet your fellow students on the sports management education in both the International and Danish classes – and you will of course be introduced to all elements of the education. Intro week is a combination of practical, academic and social activities, which will ensure that all students know what it is to be a bachelor student and the challenges it involves. Moreover, you will find out what is means to be a student at Cphbusiness Lyngby. The week is formal and informal, individual and group based and by the end of the week you will be ready for more. Remember to bring your laptop for the first day.
In the second week you will have teaching activities from Monday to Thursday from 12:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Finally, with reference to the feedback received from previous years’ students, Cphbusiness and our Campus Student Council are planning a series of activities and workshops to be held on Fridays (not on 9 September) during the fall to replace the intro trip.
You can order your books online at Polyteknisk Boghandel.
Make sure you order your books as soon as possible as there may be a longer delivery time for some of the English-language literature.
You can also buy your books in: Polyteknisk Boghandel, DTU, building 101, Anker Engelunds Vej 1, 2800 Kgs. Lyngby The bookstore is open Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.