The winner of the Cphbusiness Internship 2020/2021 of the Year was found on Tuesday 20 April. This year’s award goes to the digital marketing agency Become, which was nominated by Caroline Kjær Ramsby, who is studies AP Degree in Multimedia Design at Cphbusiness.
Jury member Nikolaj Lubanski, Director of Talent Attraction at Copenhagen Capacity, highlighted the trust that was given to Caroline Kjær Ramsby when he announced this year's winner.
- In a very short time, you have been able to convince your employer that you have a broad range of competencies, that you exploited and used at your company, and then the company have seen you and valued that by giving you some of their most important clients, he said.
57 students had nominated their internship for this year’s Cphbusiness Internship of the Year and among them, five finalists were selected by a panel of internship counselors at Cphbusiness.
Read about the five finalists for this year’s Cphbusiness Internship of the Year at cphbusiness.dk: Cphbusiness Internship of the Year 2020/2021 | Cphbusiness.
Proud and surprised
During the final, the five finalists answered questions from the jury, who then voted and found that Caroline Kjær Ramsby's internship at Become deserved the price. It was a happy and surprised winner who received the message at the final, which was held online due to Covid-19.
- I did not expect to win, so I was a bit shocked when my name was mentioned, says Caroline Kjær Ramsby and explains why she nominated Become in the first place:
- Become made a huge effort to make my internship as good as possible. They trusted me, recognized my competencies, and gave me some big tasks for their biggest clients, so I really developed and gained a lot of faith in myself, she says and continues:
- On top of that, it was a super fun place to work, with some good colleagues, which also means a lot.
As the winner of the Cphbusiness Internship of the Year, Caroline Kjær Ramsby and Become are in the running for the title as Business Academy Internship of the Year 2020/2021, where they compete against the winners from the other business academies in Denmark.
The final for this year’s Business Academy Internship of the Year is on 10 May.
The jury at the Cphbusiness Internship of the Year 2020/2021 consisted of:
- Ole Gram-Olesen, President of Cphbusiness
- Angel Fernandes, Chairman of Cphbusiness Students
- Frank A. Mathiasen, Head of Development and Innovation at Cphbusiness
- Line Louise Hansen, Director of Programmes at Cphbusiness
- Nikolaj Lubanski, Director of Talent Attraction at Copenhagen Capacity
Become created a valuable internship
During the internship, Become gave Caroline Kjær Ramsby great responsibility, which developed her professionally and granted her faith in her own abilities.
Michael Rude Cortzen, marketing coordinator at Become, was Caroline Kjær Ramsby’s mentor and internship supervisor and were impressed by her effort.
- It was impressive that she took so much responsibility already at this stage. And the quality of her work was incredibly high, says Michael Rude Cortzen, who appreciates Becomes new title as for Cphbusiness Internship of the Year.
- We are very proud. It is really positive that we have created such a valuable internship for Caroline that it led to a nomination. And it is of course an extra gain that we won the competition, he says.
Read more about Become at the company's website: Become.dk.